What does it cost to run a portable air conditioner?
I’ve bought a 9000 BTU air conditioner from B&Q:
but I’m confused as to how much electricity it uses. The leaflet says:
"Annual energy consumption, kWh in cooling mode: 577"
"Cooling output kW 2.8"
"Energy efficiency ratio 2.41"
If I call 1kW 10 pence per hour (tbh I’m not sure what electricity costs) would that mean 577kW equals £57 per year? Or have I got the math completely wrong as usual?
The unit has an input power of 1200w but I doubt it runs at that level.. 1000watts = 1kilowatt so if I run it for 10 hours a day that would be £30 a month! That sounds hideously expensive to me.
Can anyone please tell me what this thing really costs to run because if it really does cost £30 a month I might take it back to B&Q and buy a huge commercial/industrial fan instead.
Waaaah! My head is hurting trying to figure out the numbers. :-O
Who is right, Peter or Foggy? Is it £25 a month or £25 a year?
Incoming search terms:
- cost to run portable air conditioner
- how much does it cost to run a portable air conditioner
- cost of running portable air conditioner
- how much do portable air conditioners cost to run
- cost of running a portable air conditioner
- cost to run a portable air conditioner
- cost of running portable ac unit
- how much money per month does it cost to run a 9000 btu portable air conditioner
- how much will it cost a month to run a portable ac unit